From: Jeng-Wei Li [mailto:jwli(--nospam--at)ms12.hinet.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 12:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ETABS V7.17 - R/C Design

Mr. Gillham
I used ETABS V7.17 for a 8 story smrf structure in Taiwan. I faced the same question as you are. In the RC design procedure, the the etabs just shows the "very helpful" message "Error during concrete design of frame nnn" in beam design. But, it goes well in column design. Here are some notes might be useful, but I can not make sure if it works. There are still some bugs in Etabs 7.17, but much better than patch 7.1.
1. Try to export your model into e2k file and import again.
2. Make sure the design procedure is rigth after the analysis procedure. If you already take any other action after the analysis procedure, do the analysis the model anagin.
3. Try to use lb-in unit system if you find any design error. Export to e2k file and import again. There are some bugs of the unit change in design program.

Hope this will help.

Jeng-Wei Li