UCBC Appendix Chapter 1 - URM Retrofit question

I wrote a spreadsheet that I marketed some fourteen years ago for the
design of URM buildings up to five or six stories. The program designed
per what became the 1991 UCBC Appendix Chapter 1. There have been minor
changes to the code over the years and I have not updated the software
as I don't do this work any longer. Not only will it design crosswall
requirments, tension and shear anchorage, it will distribut shear by
pier analysis for each elevation per level (accumulating shear from roof
to first floor).

I am considering digging out the spreadsheet and posting it on the
Structuralist.Net Spreadsheet forum. It will be provided AS IS which
means that some ambitious engineer doing seismic retrofit in Northern
California, Oregon, Seattle or Salt Lake area will need to delve into
the spreadsheet and upgrade it to meet current code.

I need to get some feed back if it would be worthwhile to some of you to
have the spreadsheet. You can respond privately at
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net and I will keep track of the responses.

In addition, I had a detail library for most used URM retrofit details
that I am willing to donate AS IS to the forum. These were created in an
early version of AutoCad (I believe release 11)and consist of most
tension and shear anchors. The tension anchors will probably need to be
revised as "Vee" straps are no longer used as I understand.

Again, please send your comments to me at admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.Net and if
there is sufficient need I will post the spreadsheet. I can also scan
the manual which was a primer of the 1991 UCBC or City of Los Angeles
RGA 1-91 that offers instruction for how to input values.

Hope some of you can find this useful after so many years.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

The Structuralist is a Public, Professional and Educational website
devoted to issues on Housing. You are invited to participate or simply
visit our discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire
link beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no
spaces between any of the letters or characters.

subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList
subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: