From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 3:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ASCE Wind Speed Criteria

Well, one engineer I'm doing work for insists that I need to tell him "what wind PRESSURE I am designing for." He simply won't accept my explanation that we design for wind SPEED, and that pressure is a function of that.

He says "20 psf? 25 psf? That's all I want to know!"

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251