Re: Bent anchor bolts / welding high strength bolts?

>The Fastener Quality Act of 1990 spent nearly 10 years in the rule-making
>process, and I don't think there was a one of us (regardless of which side
>of an issue one was on,) who came away with much respect for either
>democrats or republicans.
I bet you came away with a lot more respect for the effort that goes into
a proper standard. We've had a lot of arguments here about AISC, and I've
bitched long and loud about some of the quibbling that goes on with the
ASME Code, but their products are infinitely because they avoid the
technically illiterate log-rolling that goes into formulating
legislation.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw