Tube to Tube Moment Frames

I'm designing a porte cochere in Zone 4 in California near San
Francisco.  It is intended to use steel OMF with tube columns and
beams.  Has anyone done this in recent times?  Wondering about
connection requirements mostly since FEMA 350 doesn't provide any direct
guidance.  I was thinking about a connection similar to the Welded
Flange Plate connection in FEMA 350.  Thanks.

Eric Ober
Cagley and Associates
Rockville, MD