Re: Bent anchor bolts / welding high strength bolts?

    <<  The law was drafted to net the purveyors of counterfeit and
substandard
fasteners, which was a SUBSTANTIAL problem in the 1980's.  >>

I vaguely remember the counterfeit bolt problem of the 80s.  Thanks for
expounding on the origin and reasoning behind the law.  It helps make better
sense of it.

There will be many ironworkers chagrined to learn that they are potential
felons because they straghtened an "anchor rod" with the aid of a "red
wrench"

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)