RE: ASCE Wind Speed Criteria

Another generalization without merit.  In my office, almost 100% of the
eligible engineers have their Civil PE.  Our company pays an monthly
incentive to encourage employees to have a PE.  Of those engineers with a
PE, approximately 50% of the engineers in the structural group have their
CA SE.  This is true even though a  CA SE is not even required in our line
of work.  Therefore, your allegation that our industry lacks credentials is
bogus.

Evan Jorgensen, S.E.
Fluor Daniel
Aliso Viejo, CA

Padmanabhan Rajendran wrote:

Many of "them" in that industry do not even have a PE
license. In the field offices, typically, engineers of
all trades other than a Civil Engineer, practice Civil
Engineering. In the petrochem facilities, practically
all the Civils have been laid off or have been moved
to management long before they seriously practiced
civil engineering.

Rajendran

the views of the company.