Re: length to be used for tension bracing kl/r

Less than a month ago, I attended a seminar on
"Bracing for Steel Structures", conducted by the
international authority on the subject, Dr. Yura.  The
limitation of kl/r (200 for compression members and
300 for tension members) are not required. The bracing
members should satisfy only the "stiffness" and
strength requirements. Future editions of AISC Manual
(ASD or LRFD or some hybrid form) will include
detailed sections addressing bracing.

Rajendran