Another Unsolicited Freeware Tip

Every now and then, I stumble upon a new piece of freeware that is just so
wonderful that I feel compelled to tell the whole world about it.  This
time, it is Search Bar 1.1.  Here is how the author, Patrick Deal, describes
his creation:

"Search Bar is a little program I created because I hated having to open a
new browser window, go to a search engine site, wait for it to load and then
do my search.  Search Bar is a little window that sits on top of all your
windows to give you quick access to many different search engines.  It comes
with 6 popular search engines (Altavista, Excite, Google, HotBot, Lycos, and
Yahoo), but you can add almost any engine you want. You can minimize the
program to an icon in the system tray for quick access to the Search Bar."

What makes this program so special is the second-to-last sentence.  For
example, you can configure it to do an Advanced Google search using "exact
phrase" and returning 100 hits, or you can search the Microsoft Knowledge
Base using natural language questions, or you can search the classified adds
in your local newspaper for new Corvette listings, or whatever.

If this is of interest, you can download it at:

http://members.telocity.com/dealpa/download.html
<http://members.telocity.com/dealpa/download.html>

Enjoy!

Stan Caldwell in Dallas