Re: Question for the snow gurus

i'm NOT a snow guru..but it happens i live evenly spaced from sea and
mountains (around 40 miles both sides)..anyway, when i'm in
"i-need-cooler-weather" mood i go to mountains and what i see is: every and
each roof HAS a snow-retention-gizmo...here we don't usually have wood or
steel, but concrete (and brick and, yes, reinforced..concrete and bricks)
but the usual and mostly seen picture tell you like: make it as a berliner
(that is, the stands on a stringer, the brace attached to the other
stringer..one or more uphill..hope to have been clear)...snow still can trip
down (if the "retain" system is not so "retaining"), but none of the
retaining systems i have seen had....

andrea