RE: Unfamiliar bar joists

The only manufacturer that I am aware of that used cold formed light gauge
chords similar to your description is Steel Joist of Indiana.  After one
project using these joists, I added "All chords to be manufactured with hot
rolled angles." to my specifications.  The old Armco joists also used a cold
formed chords, but they were plate steel and much more substantial.  The web
configuration is fairly typical for many short span bar joists.  Neither
Steel Joist of Indiana nor Armco are in business today manufacturing bar
joists.

There are some SJI bar joist manufacturers in Mexico that you may wish to
contact:
	Canam de Mexico - Juarez & Monterrey
	Cymiosa - Juarez
	Emycsa - Chihuahua