RE: Masonry Cement

Jim,  After re-reading your message, I now think you were asking about
pre-mixed mortar vs. site mixed.  I think that the pre-mixed, silo dispensed
is much better because of the quality control.  With site mixed, many times
you get mortar that is way to strong.  Masons know that if the mortar is
tested and the strength is low, they have a problem.  Hardly anyone will
complain about being over-strength.  Pre-mixed should be closely in strength
to what you specified.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.