RE: Equipment Loads vs Live Loads

>I typically apply the estimated equipment uniform load as a live load on the
>full slab area
Just for cultural value, do these live loads include any allowance for
dynamic loading, say rotary imbalance or sudden application? Applying the
equipment loading may not be as conservative as you might imagine, given
that machinery is typically a good bit smaller that a joist span and may
have a lateral component.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw