ANN: Rebirth of the SE-Practice List

I am announcing that the SE-Practice Email Discussion List has risen from
the dead, and walks among us!

Seriously, I had not had time to get it back up and running, knowing there
was some kind of nagging glitch that was preventing mail to the list from
going out, but I have solved the problem and the list is back up.

The list is described as follows:

"SE-Practice is an email discussion list for structural engineers in
practice for themselves. Interested participants would include those who are
now or are interested in becoming self-employed consulting structural
engineers, those who are principals in small and medium size structural
engineering consulting firms, and those who are interested in marketing
products and services to structural engineers in private practice, and want
to monitor the list to determine the topics of interest to consulting
structural engineers.

"This is NOT a technical discussion list, and those who initiate discussions
of technical topics will be asked to move the discussion to a more
appropriate forum.

"Topics of interest might include starting up a consulting business, office
administration, planning for growth, taking on partners, structure of the
company or corporation, accounting and tax issues, hiring, retaining and
terminating employees, recruiting, business practices in dealing with
clients, and any of a number of related themes."

I hope that some of you here will consider joining the discussion. Things
are pretty quiet right now, as it has been entombed for some months, but we
have had very interesting discussions in the past.

Those interested may send email to mailto:se-practice-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc
with a blanks subject line, and the word

subscribe

in the body of the message, all by itself.

Hope to see you there.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas