Re: Joist Girder Connection

Depend on the force magnitude to the tube section from your bottom chord
and the
wall thickness of the tube section you use.
I used from knife plate, to WT and even to double side plates for force
transfer
to the str. tube section.
Yes, I do call for shim each side when the gap is more than 1/16"
between connecting elements.
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA