RE: Ethical Responsibility?

Roger,
California Professional Conduct provisions state this similarly.
However, there are laws on the books that conflict with this and that is
the point. It simply is not a clear cut issue when the Professional
Conduct codes are not searched when laws are inacted to protect lawyers
work.

I'm sure that you have the same conflict in Arizona if you seek them
out. The issues have been brought into the open by people like Arnold
Bookbinder who was concerned with the conflict and wanted SEA to take a
position that would strengthen the engineers case to protect the public
foremost. I believe there was some change to the law, but there was
still a contingency in the law that did not lead to a clear
interpretation - in other words, it is still debatable.

Again I pledge to follow this up after the holidays when I can get hold
of Arnold and have him submit the documents to me.

Dennis