Re: Continuing Education, Ethics, & Heartburn

The Californiia Attorney's General Office:  AG Opinion No. 85-208

"A registered engineer retained to investigate the integrity of a building
who determines, based on structural deficiencies in violation of applicable
building standards, that there is an imminent risk of serious injury to
occupants thereof, and who is advised by the owner that no disclosure or
remedial action is intended and that such determinations are to remain
confidential, has a sworn duty to warn the identifiable occupants, or if
not feasible, to notify the local building officials or other appropriate
authority of such determinations."

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california