From: José Velásquez [mailto:josemvv(--nospam--at)LatinMail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 03:47
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Deck modeling of bridges

Hello friends,

I'd like to know how to model the behavior of a deck when making a dynamic
analysis of a bridge. I use SAP2000 and I assigned constraints to all the
points that belong to the deck, but I guess it's not a good idea to do that,
because it doesn't represent the real behavior of the deck when subjected to
lateral forces. Please send any help. Thanks a lot.

José Velásquez