RE: Concrete Slab on Grade

Slab on grade:
No moisture sensitive covering
1.	Prepared subgrade
2.	2" compacted crusher fines (to provide uniform surface)
3.	4 mil poly (to provide slip plane surface)
4.	Geotech fabric (to provide slip plane surface and allow moisture
from bottom)
5.	Slab on grade with #4 rebar minimum for crack control, contraction
joints with Soff Cut saw and alternate rebar cut.  Construction joints with
dowels to prevent vertical differential movement, and allow transverse
differential movement.  Concrete using uniformly graded aggregate and
polycarbonate super P.
6.	Wet cure, cure, cure.

Moderately moisture sensitive covering (carpeting, vinyl tile, etc.)
1.	Prepared subgrade
2.	3 inch layer of 3/8" crushed rock to serve as capillary break.
3.	10 mil poly
4.	3" compacted crusher fines (to provide uniform surface, and prevent
curling)
5.	Slab on grade with #4 rebar minimum for crack control, contraction
joints with Sof Cut saw and alternate rebar cut.  Construction joints with
dowels to prevent vertical differential movement, and allow transverse
differential movement.  Concrete using uniformly graded aggregate and
polycarbonate super P.
6.	Wet cure, cure, cure.

Extremely moisture sensitive covering (seamless vinyl)
1.	Prepared subgrade
2.	3 inch layer of 3/8" crushed rock to serve as capillary break.
3.	10 mil (min) poly reinforced, seamed, and sealed vapor barrier
similar to Mirafi.
4.	3" compacted crusher fines (to provide uniform surface, and prevent
curling)
5.	Slab on grade with #4 rebar minimum for crack control, contraction
joints with Sof Cut saw and alternate rebar cut.  Construction joints with
dowels to prevent vertical differential movement, and allow transverse
differential movement.  Concrete using uniformly graded aggregate and
polycarbonate super P.
6.	Wet cure, cure, cure.
7.	Allow to dry to specified moisture content.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague