Daul System Vs. Hybrid System

Hi,
Section 1629.6.5 of UBC (LABC) talks about two systems resisting the lateral
loads.
1. Are we talking about Daul System, where we have two systems in ONE LINE
of resisting the load or two different systems, each one in a DIFFERENT LINE
of resistance in a 3 dimensional building?
2. Moreover, is the definition of Hybrid System one of the definitions I
have given above?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni