From: "Jaswant N. Arlekar" <ajn(--nospam--at)iitk.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:59:40 +0530 (IST)
Steel Authority of India Limited are one of the producers of structural
steel in India.
Go to Products-Product Mix on this site. This link has the the list of
available sizes. For the properties of these sections, there is a special
publication of Indian Standards (SP:6). You could get this from
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Bobby Jenkins wrote:
> Greetings and Salutations:
> I have a pro bono project for an orphanage in India. We are designing a water tower support frame. I was referred to a web site (indiabuildcon.com) that contains what we will loosely call a Civil Engineering Handbook. It lists about 15 member sizes, (WF configuration), a few channels, and no angles.
> I am trying to determine what is really available and the actual grade of steel.
> Any suggestions?
> Bobby Jenkins, P.E.
> Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
> PO Box 2101 / 218 S Thomas St Suite 209
> Tupelo, MS 38803
> (662)840.1233 V / (662)840.1103 F
> E-mail: jei(--nospam--at)netbci.com
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org