boat house

I have a boat house repair design. I need an idea of what wave forces
should be considered for a pleasure boat docking or passing by in a
narrow canal in Stockton CA. The front of the house has a 14 foot head
clearance with 4 foot side panels of plywood. The panels look like a new
born Bambi, on ice, with legs spreading out. My guess it was not
engineered and the hammering of small waves eventually took its toll. I
wonder if navfac would have some guide lines for the affect of small
waves.

I am considering a rectangular frame around the opening and across,
under water. Muscrats swim under and up onto the house, leaving thier
calling cards everywhere. The owner has asked if there is a way frame
all below to hold netting to lock out the critters. The net may act like
a rudder collecting more force. What would that force be?

The foam block floats may have been overloaded by a metal roll up door.
I suggested to stack thin panels (surf board size) on the under side of
the existing blocks and pin them together. Ideas?

The owner has decided to pay me at engineering rates to swim under and
add the foam with him helping. I wonder what my E&O would say?

David Merrick, SE