Re: Bending Embedded Reinforcing Steel

Thor Tandy wrote:

. > applicable to only lab conditions, however, bar bending done either in
. > the lab for research, or on site is usually done with "standard" bar
. > bending equipment, and therefore, provided "std" equipment is used, I
. > would suggest that any particular bend should not vary significantly from
. > lab to site.

If we are talking about site fabrication of the bars, then you are correct;
the same equipment is used on site as in the fabrication shop.  However, if
we are talking about field bending of partially embedded reinforcing, then a
piece of pipe is usually the equipment of choice for the worker.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona