RE: Concrete Overlays

Gail,

Re: Parking Structures : Planning, Design, Construction, Maintenance, and
Repair, 3rd Edition, Chrest - Editor.

It contains a section on overlays.  The Portland cement and low slump (Iowa
Method) should be about 3" thick but they are the least expensive.  The
silica fume and latex-modified can go down to about a 1 1/2" thickness.  The
latex modified is very expensive at about $300 per cubic yard.  Depending on
the volume I would opt for either the condensed silica fume or the epoxy
modified.

If the area is relatively small I would go with Sika
http://www.sikacanada.com/eng/constr/cat/procat.htm.  Call out the Sika rep,
and ask for a recommendation.  Consider one of the SikaTop products.  They
have products that can go to a feathered edge.  The nice thing about Sika is
their warranty, and the applicators are required to be trained.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague