ASCE 7 Wind Load Provisions

I do most of my work in California (UBC land).  However, I am interested in
getting up to speed on the wind load provisions of ASCE 7-98 for
out-of-state work where the IBC has been adopted.  I have a copy of ASCE
7-95 but have not yet purchased ASCE 7-98.  ASCE published a book entitled
something like "Guide to the Wind Load Provisions of ASCE 7-95".  My
question is:  Have there been substantial changes to the wind load
provisions between 7-95 and 7-98?  Does anyone have any other suggestions
for making the transition from UBC97 to IBC2000 wind load provisions?
Thanks!

Steven C. Devin, P.E.
Consulting Engineer
Voice (530) 283 2553