Beam Splices[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listserve" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Beam Splices
- From: "Alden Manipula" <amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:24:14 -0500
a recent phone discussion with a steel detailer has arisen some questions i have.
i usually locate beam splices in a beam line where the moment is zero, typically it's somewhere around 4'-0" to 6'-0". but the particular project i was discussing with the detailer has larger spans than what i'm used to seeing and splices came out to be lager than 6'-0", for example, i have one at 8'-8" and a few 7'-0". the detailer seemed to think these were not pratical locations, ie he's never seen ones this long before. but maybe he hasn't done a large building yet?
my questions are, am i wrong in placing splices so far? is there some praticallity issue in regards to erecting a beam line with a splice this large? any 'rules of thumb' i haven't learned? is there a maximum and minimum distance in the steel manual?
- Prev by Subject: Be(e) Careful !
- Next by Subject: RE: Beam Splices
- Previous by thread: Re: Heliport
- Next by thread: RE: Beam Splices