Re: Disturbing New Trend

>PLAINTIFF'S LAWYERS GO AFTER VOLUNTARY PRODUCT STANDARDS
My experience is that no lawyer goes after anyone unless there's a client
seeing to it that he gets paid. I don't have any more truck with
frivolous lawsuits than anyone else, but I have found that for every
chiselling plaintiff who hires a lawyer to get free money, there's an
arrogant defendant who hires a lawyer to help him beat the rap. The enemy
isn't lawyers, it's us.

Before we start blamestorming the legal profession ask ourselves what
sort of defense we'd want if we were trying to beat a DWI rap--a highly
principled lawyer who'd advise us to  plead guilty and take it like a man
or a land-shark who'll use every possible gimmick to get us off the hook.