DISTURBING NEW TREND

My wife was secretary to an attorney, now retired.  He advocated an overhaul
of the tort system beginning with the those bringing the suit paying for all
litigation costs if they loose.  I understand the courts in some countries
operate this way.  In the absence of reform, he considered step one to be
settling out of court not by assigning % blame, but by just talking out the
problem as gentlemen of their word should.