RE: Disturbing New Trend

>I don't think that anyone could have said this better.
I'll construe this as a high compliment, Dennis. Thanks very kindly.

Dennis pointed up the biggest flaw that's built into our judicial
system--adversarial proceedings. The adversarial system, fuelled by the
apparent ability to cash in big time is an enormous corrupting influence.
The legal profession didn't make it that way--their clients did. People
hire lawyers to win, not to get justice. We can kid ourselves about only
wanting our day in court, but what we mean is, 'Kick ass!' This take on
justice is as poisonous as the money that changes hands. It panders to
the worst in Americans--we worship winners and ignore the abuses that go
along. The 'expert' Dennis mentioned got romanced by being on the winning
side. No lawyer made him say anything.

All the whining about lawyers ruining the country is utter bullshit.
Maybe I'll believe different when I hear a personal injury plaintiff tell
a jury, 'When I said it isn't the money, it's the principle, I lied. It
was the money--I did a stupid thing and I tried to cash in on that
stupidity. I acted like a greedy chiseling son of a bitch and I'm ashamed
of it, and I apologize.' Or when a defendant gets up and says, 'We sold
plaintiff a piece of cheap crap because we figured we'd make more money
cutting corners than we'd lose on damage claims. I acted like an arrogant
horse's ass and lied about it so I wouldn't have to take the
responsibility for selling dreck to people who believed the ads I
approved.'  That'll be the day.