I have been asked to check a slab section subjected to HS-20 Loading. I
don't have CalTran manual since I don't generally do this type of work.
Can some one point me in the right direction as how to distribute the
wheel loading on a one foot strip. The slab will be formed and poured on
site, no post tension work. This is only a segment that will support fire
truck or trash truck. My assumptions are, since the UBC allows the wheel
load distribution on a specified area, there could be some thing parallel
to that. Thanks in advance.
Samir y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates
(800) 827-4900 XT 360
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org