RE: Disturbing New Trend

Chris,
I did mean it as a compliment and thank you. I will, however disagree on
one thing that you said - the "clients" are not all to blame. Like any
other busness person in a capitalistic society, lawyers seek
opportunities to exploit. Knowing that they have experts who will play
their game, provide the fuel to their fire. The bottom line is profit,
billings and awards. The shared greed is centered on that one pot of
gold that we all think protects us from losing our personal possesions
for a mistake, but in reality makes us more of a target. Without it,
there is little to be gained by taking a personal possesion of a design
professional unless he is actually guilty of negligence and the goal is
one of principle - to separate him from his license.

There will always be those hurt a well intended system by taking
advantage of it. Like Computer viruses, someone will always be able to
corrupt a set of laws built up to protect the innocent. While I agreed
with your last post, Chris, I did not want to imply that the attorney is
not part of the problem - they are very much the problem, however, we
are not without responsibility.

Dennis