To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Concrete curing time
From: Frank Glazewski <frankgla(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:33:34 -0700
Over the years, I have been asked the same question on numerous jobs.
After concrete is placed, how long until it is ok to apply construction
loads to a concrete element? In this specific case, the contractor wants
to set spancrete decking on the top of a concrete wall. The concrete
wall is constructed with reinforced 2500psi concrete.
Typically, it has been my understanding that seven days is adequate to
allow sufficient curing to begin applying construction loads.
I would appreciate opinions on this subject, maybe even relating to;
a. Backfilling concrete retaining walls (28 days?)
b. Erecting structural steel.
Thanks in advance.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org