RE: Distributed Floor Loads

If this is the only thing in the room I'd use Option 2.  I always check
wheels, stanchions, etc. for punching shear.  Rarely, do they control but in
a couple of cases they did in a big way.

Mark Jones
Jacobs Engineering

> -Mitchell J. Sklar [mailto:MJS(--nospam--at)bala.com] wrote:
>
> What is the general rule or any published documents about checking an
> existing floor for new loads.
>
> Option 2 3765# / [(18+45+18)*(18+32+18)]/144 = 98.4 psf (better)
>
> How much area can I spread my new units out? 1 ft, 2ft?
>
> Okay, now here is the twist, the Battery Cabinet is supported by 8
> wheels @ 471#. How would you handle the concentrated stress?

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.