ACI 318 - Section 3.5.3.2 - Steel Reinforcement

ACI 318 Section 3.5.3.2 requires that specified yield strengths for steel
reinforcement exceeding 60 ksi shall be the stress corresponding to a strain
of 0.35 percent.

Can someone give me references or a summary on how and why this limit of
0.35% strain was established?

What is the underlying justification for 0.35% ??

Thanks in advance

Jim Korff, PE
SCI