ACI 318 Section 220.127.116.11 requires that specified yield strengths for steel
reinforcement exceeding 60 ksi shall be the stress corresponding to a strain
of 0.35 percent.
Can someone give me references or a summary on how and why this limit of
0.35% strain was established?
What is the underlying justification for 0.35% ??
Thanks in advance
Jim Korff, PE
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org