No. In fact, this is getting to be more common.
--- Chris Towne <ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com> wrote:
> I'm designing a building that will be built in
> phases. The first phase will be the basement and
> foundations and the second stage will be the two
> stories of steel framing above. Is there problems
> with the second contractor drilling into the
> concrete piers and using adhesive anchors for the
> anchor bolts on the column base plates?
> Chris Towne, P.E.
> Chapman Technical Group, Ltd.
> St. Albans, WV
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org