RE: "Cantilevered Column" Structures

Sherman

While I share your opinion, let me use your comment to
allow me to open a door to discussion on concepts not
considered in your response-namely damping and extent.

I am no expert on the subject and here is my intuition

1)DAMPING: Even if the soil is liquified, wont damping
turn down oscilations?

2)EXTENT: Next, suppose your metal building and the
piles beneath are only a small fish in deep sea. How
effiective is the presence of this "pile -stiffened
soil" "stiffened" zone affect the response of the
surrounding soil to seismic wave?

regs
IJR