RE: Anchor Bolts- Some thoughts

I just noticed that you are from outside the U.S. (Chile?)

It may be, then, that the common practice there is different from here.
That's no big deal, but be aware that practices do vary from country to
country in accordance with the many economic and technological factors at
play.

For example, in the U.S. material costs are very low in comparison to labor
costs. That is true in Europe as well, but I think it is not true in many
other parts of the world. Thus, it would be logical to assume that the
additional labor involved in resetting anchor rods, even if it means cutting
out and repairing concrete, might be preferable to using a bonding systems.

Also, I apologize if I seemed patronizing. I didn't mean to be, I wasn't
taking into account the fact that not everyone deals with the same set of
factors that we do in the U.S.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas