From: Chris Towne [mailto:ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 7:45 AM
To: SEAINT List Server
Subject: Anchor Bolts

Thank you all for your input on the epoxy anchor bolts.  The job is very fast paced because of funding and other issues out of my control.  I just make sure the building stays in the upright position.

It would be much simpler to use epoxy anchor bolts and make the foundation piers a little larger for edge distance concerns.  I just wasn't sure that it was considered standard practice or not.  I would feel more apprehensive about using them if uplift was in the equation.

Thanks again,

Chris Towne, P.E.
Chapman Technical Group, Ltd.
St. Albans, WV