From: Fountain Conner [mailto:fconner(--nospam--at)pcola.gulf.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 8:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Anchor Bolts- Some thoughts

I've used epoxy for many years, and as recently as last month.  The popular
brands in this area are HILTI and CHEM STUD.

But...  Some years ago (perhaps 20) there was of talk about break-down of
"epoxy" anchorages.  I don't know if the epoxy supposedly "went bad" after
several years, or the epoxy shrank (after the reaction heat) and pulled the
bonded concrete with it, or contractor error, or what.

At the time, I didn't have access to a forum such as this.  I made a lot of
phone calls, but never got a satisfactory answer.

Does anyone have a handle on this?

Fountain