To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: built up steel column
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 01 14:11:01 -0500
>I will gladly share how to calc the St. Venant constant for a
>built-up section (3-Plate welded section).
If you need details of this development it's shown in Blodgett's book,
'Design of Welded Structures' along with a development for single cell
closed sections and some particular cases. If you need warping constants,
you can follow Timoshenko's development.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org