To: "SEAINT (E-mail)" <SEAINT(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Bent Plate
From: Todd Hill <thill(--nospam--at)tkarch.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:30:01 -0500
I have a continuos bearing angle called out and the fabricator wants to
substitute with a bent plate.
I don't know why he wants to do this, yet.
Regardless, my question is on the strength of a bent plate.
Is there any loss of bending capacity of the plate due to the initial
bending of the plate during fabrication?
This kind of reverts back to the loss in rebar strength discussion after
Todd Hill, P.E.
TK Architects, Inc.
816-842-7552 ext. 233
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org