RE: Bent Plate

I use bent plates frequently for connections (especially the "skewed"
variety), but I've never used them in place of ledger angle (as I assume
you're alluding to here). I dunno, seems like an uneconomical substitution
along with everything else. How can it be more cost-effective to bend plate
than just supply angles?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas