From: Todd Hill [mailto:thill(--nospam--at)tkarch.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:30 AM
To: SEAINT (E-mail)
Subject: Bent Plate

I have a continuos bearing angle called out and the fabricator wants to
substitute with a bent plate.
I don't know why he wants to do this, yet.
Regardless, my question is on the strength of a bent plate.
Is there any loss of bending capacity of the plate due to the initial
bending of the plate during fabrication?
This kind of reverts back to the loss in rebar strength discussion after
bending.

Todd Hill, P.E.
TK Architects, Inc.
816-842-7552 ext. 233