The torsional acceleration is included to assess the serviceability design
of tall building. In Korea, the x- and y-direction acceleration is used
only for acceleration check.
However, the total acceleration which inclued x-, y-, and torsional
components is presented in the wind tunnel test report issued by other
The ISO and NBCC criteria are based on the along and across wind only.
What's your opinion about these points ?
And for the calculation of torsional components, the mass radius of
gyration is used.
Who knows the way to calculate the torsional component ?
Your comment is very helpful for my work.
I'm greatly appreciated for your advice.
Thanks in advance
Tel : +82-31-250-1170
Fax : +82-31-250-1131
Email : tallbldg(--nospam--at)netian.com
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org