RE: built up steel column

Cheaper yet is RISASection. It was released this month or last and calculates the J of any built up section. The next release will include arbitrary sections. The current release includes all the standard shapes, plates, rounds, etc.
-----Original Message-----
From: Francisco Diego Arcos [mailto:fdarammx(--nospam--at)prodigy.net.mx]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 12:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: built up steel column

Excuse my English, but if for built-up you are talking three or four welded plates then why don't you try RAM Advanse from RAM International. Check the software at www.ramint.com for details or e-mail Melanie Lawson (melanie(--nospam--at)ramint.com). Hope you like it.

If for built-up you are talking steel shapes encased in concrete then I can't help.

Regards,

Francisco Diego