Re: Excel special characters

Yes, it is possible to insert symbols in Excel sheets and charts.
The only catch (probably) is that you have to know the keystroke
corresponding to the symbole you want. Also you cannot do that for the
legend of the charts.
To insert a symbol in a cell, type the equivalent character in the cell
and change the font to Symbol.
To have the part of the cell as symbol(s), type the cell and select the
portion (after going in to the edit mode for the cell) that you want to be
the symbol - right click - select Format Cell from the popup menu and
change the font to Symbol. You have to double click to go into the edit
mode for the cell.
To have this for the axes title and titles in charts, select the title
box (or the portion of it and change font by selecting "Format..." from
the popup menu.

In the dialog box that pops up on selecting "Format...", you will also
find options for having sub- and superscripts.
Let us know if you discover a way to do this for the legends of the
charts.

Jas