RE: Excel special characters Now: Special Characters and Custom C ell Formats

Mark,
I didn't want to make the user go through an additional level of the
directory tree to get to the correct forum. The key is that the Software
Productivity Tools forum is for the uploading and downloading of
templates and programs (Spreadsheet Software). The discussions here are
intended only to be technical discussions on the software use, bugs,
updates etc.

The Software Users Forum is intended for those interested in
Spreadsheets (Spreadsheet Design), MathCAD, TEDDS, STAADT, BillQuick,
RetainPro, WoodWorks, Keybuilder.com and twenty something other
software, to discuss the use and creative uses of the software or
programming language. It is a Peer-2-Peer forum that takes some of the
responsibility off the developers and allows helps to prevent orphaned
programs - those where the software is no longer being supported by the
developer but which has use left. Many users find that these types of
forums are very useful.

There is a fairly easy way to locate the forum you need. Use the pull
down menu at each page of the Discussion forum located at the bottom
right section of each webpage. Scroll up or down to find the forum name
and simply click on it and then on GO to launch the page.  You can also
click on the forum name in the description boxes (i.e.., Professional
Forum) to work through the directories. The path is maintained and shown
above the discussion forums. You can also click on any of the
directories in the path name to step backwards. The path name starts
with Index as the root directory.

Learning to use the forums takes only a few minutes. There is no
reasonable way to avoid creating branching and directories, but I want
to eliminate too many levels to navigate through.

Finally, I am rewriting the webpage and this will contain a much easier
navigation system that will include the Bulletin Board Forums. This may
take another month or so due to time lost from personal problems in our
family, but it will get done.

I hope this helps understand what I tried to do. It's not easy trying to
keep things simple and often an additional category may seem to help,
but you have to understand that I get more letters from those frustrated
by clicking through multiple levels that I tried to accommodate these
users first since the results go one level deeper than any other forum
on the board.

Thanks for your comments and please, try the pull down quick menu's at
the bottom of the forum pages.

Dennis S. Wish, PE
Administrator
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net