We have specified the following for the design of Blast resistant Doors.
1. An incident over pressure of 175 KN/M2 and a time duration of 30 ms
2. An incident over pressure of 100 KN/M2 and a time duration of 50ms
3. An incident over pressure of 30 KN/M2 and a time duration of 100ms.
The contractor has submitted design calculations only for the max.incident over pressure neglecting the time duration and cases 2 & 3. He has mentioned the ASCE as the basis of design.
WOuld you inform ASCE has specified any design guidelines for the design of Blast Resistant Doors. If so, in which chapter?
Also please inform any other code which provides step by step approach for the design of Blast Resistant Doors. I understand from your earlier correspondences that Chapter 6 of NAVFAC Design Manual 2.08 provides guidelines for the design. If you can send me the above said design or its latest edition will be of help to me.
Chequemail.com - a free web based e-mail service that also pays!!!
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org