RE: Blast Resistant Doors

I suspect that he means the ASCE Blast Resistant Design Recommended Practice
(?)

IIRC, that only has guidelines for HOW to do the design, it doesn't
prescribe acceptable blast overpressures. I believe you are correct in that
if he hasn't met your criteria, he hasn't met the requirements of the
specifications, regardless of what ASCE says.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251