From: rajamohan(--nospam--at)chequemail.com [mailto:rajamohan(--nospam--at)chequemail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 2:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Blast Resistant Doors

Hello,
We have specified the following for the design of Blast resistant Doors.
1. An incident over pressure of 175 KN/M2 and a time duration of 30 ms
2. An incident over pressure of 100 KN/M2 and a time duration of 50ms
3. An incident over pressure of 30 KN/M2 and a time duration of 100ms.

The contractor has submitted design calculations only for the max.incident
over pressure neglecting the time duration and cases 2 & 3. He has mentioned
the ASCE as the basis of design.

WOuld you inform ASCE has specified any design guidelines for the design of
Blast Resistant Doors. If so, in which chapter?

Also please inform any other code which provides step by step approach for
the design of Blast Resistant Doors. I understand from your earlier
correspondences that Chapter 6 of NAVFAC Design Manual 2.08 provides
guidelines for the design. If you can send me the above said design or its
latest edition will be of help to me.

Regards

Rajamohan.S

Chequemail.com - a free web based e-mail service that also pays!!!
http://www.chequemail.com